Meeting the new Ofsted framework in secondary science RB352 / C01
The Ofsted framework introduced in September 2019 requires science leaders to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject, and be able to implement it effectively. Using Ofsted’s 3Is (Intent, Implementation and Impact) as a foundation, this course will guide participants through both the new framework and their current science curriculum, to ensure that the department, and its teachers and students, are better prepared. The course will help identify strengths and weaknesses in your current curriculum provision – from teaching and learning in lessons, to broader thinking beyond exam specifications that links school science to the outside world.
A range of carefully selected resources have been picked out ready to share with you – you certainly won’t finish this empty handed…. With a knowledgeable and enthusiastic facilitator with a passion for secondary science, you are guaranteed to find this CPD invaluable. Completion of this course will reward you with a Certificate for your performance management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- clarify the importance of, and approach to, curriculum in the 2019 Ofsted framework
- develop the intent of your science curriculum – its sense of purpose in improving students’ knowledge and skills
- improve the implementation of your science curriculum – focusing on the key considerations when implementing what was intended
- clarify where and how the impact of your implemented science curriculum could be evidenced – and be better prepared for an inspection
- prepare your next steps as a science leader
Book now and you will be automatically registered for the scheduled sessions for the course. Remote CPD courses have live, facilitator-led sessions and are not available for instant access. Please refer to the schedule for the day.
|1 Meeting the new Ofsted framework in secondary science||04 December 2020||09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£100.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available