Online - NQT Essentials for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire RK850 / N01
NQT Essentials is science-specific CPD for your NQTs. Intended to plug some of the gaps that have arisen as a result of the social distancing measures introduced by the government, these workshops also include the opportunity to network with other NQTs.
Rob Butler was a special school science teacher for twenty years, working with SEND learners in mainstream schools before that. Rob has written the ELC/GCSE foundation workbook for OUP and regularly writes for Education in Chemistry and the ASE. Rob is a lead facilitator for STEM learning and the field officer for the ASE’s Midlands region. Rob is passionate about improving the quality of science provision for all those with SEND or prior low attainment.
Introductions - Getting to know each other
Science teaching essentials
- Structure learning so that students are clear about learning objectives and you are able to assess whether these have been met.
- manage your workload effectively by planning ahead and utilising some of the top tips suggested.
Behaviour in science
Managing behaviour in practical lessons
- to understand some of the reasons that students misbehave in science lessons
- to help participants develop a range of strategies to manage behaviour in secondary science lessons
Health and safety in science
- understand the basics of effective health and safety in school labs
- identify good practice for planning and running practicals
Meeting the needs of students with prior low attainment including those with SEND
- explore the context and constraints applying to students with prior low attainment in science
- Introduce strategies that will secure good progress for these learners
This CPD uses blended learning so that participants can continue their CPD back in their own school with a series of gap tasks
The course will be delivered using the Zoom videoconferencing platform. Additional guidance will be sent to delegates.
|Online - NQT Essentials for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire||05 November 2020||16:00-18:00|
|Gap Task to be done in your own time||05 November 2020||18:00-19:00|
|Online - NQT Essentials for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire||10 November 2020||16:00-18:00|
|Online - NQT Essentials for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire||19 November 2020||16:00-18:00|
|Online - NQT Essentials for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire||24 November 2020||16:00-18:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available