Maths for A level physics NY294 / A20
There is an increased mathematical demand in in both the GCSE and A level physics specifications. This course is ideal for teachers of physics who wish to improve their understanding of the mathematics required for students to be successful in A-level physics.
The course explores teaching strategies for a wide range of mathematical topics including:
- proportional reasoning: dealing with proportionality in a physics context
- algebra: solving equations, rearranging equations
- graphs: sketching, interpreting and drawing graphs
- calculus: differentiation and integration what do the results tell us?
- logarithms and exponential: what are they and how do we teach them?
- mechanics practical: enhancing understanding, derivation of constant acceleration equations, exploring moments
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Pre or post night stays can be booked for an additional charge and are subject to availability. For more information email email@example.com
You will be able to:
- improve your knowledge of the mathematical topics required for students to be successful at A level physics
- have a deeper understanding of the reasons why students have difficulty applying their mathematical skills in a physics context
- identify pedagogies to help address these issues
- explore mathematics resources suitable for teaching A level physics
|Maths for physics teachers up to A Level - day 1||16 November 2020||11:00-19:00|
|Maths for physics teachers up to A Level - day 2||17 November 2020||09:00-16:00|
The National STEM Learning Centre will be following all government guidance and regulations to minimise risk of Covid-19 transmission, including the deep cleaning of our accommodation and teaching rooms and maintaining social distancing during course sessions and meal times.
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available