BY INVITATION ONLY: Associate Facilitator Development Programme DAY 2 ONLY RA204 / C04
This course is designed to equip school based colleagues (teachers and technicians) with the skills to become an effective facilitator of subject specific CPD. It explores in detail the research and ideas about what makes effective CPD and how its impact can be evaluated.
You will be able to:
- recognise the evidence base that supports effective CPD
- identify effective strategies for working with adult learners
- clarify the principles of impact evaluation
- reflect on and analyse your current CPD facilitation and development needs
- explain the basic principles of impact evaluation through the ITK
- begin to plan an approach as a science teacher-facilitator
- begin to use STEM Learning PDEs to plan for effective CPD
|Session 1: Guskey and impactful CPD||14 July 2020||10:00-11:00|
|Session 2: Offline task||14 July 2020||11:00-11:30|
|Session 3: Delivering effective CPD||14 July 2020||11:30-12:30|
|Session 4: Offline task||14 July 2020||12:30-13:30|
|Session 5: Online facilitator key activities - breakouts and Q&A||14 July 2020||13:30-14:15|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available