Teaching A level /KS5 physics for the first time RA527 / A01
Are you teaching KS5 physics for the first time? Perhaps you have been teaching it for a few years and are now looking for some new ideas to tackle the most common misconceptions and to get the most out of practical work? This course will improve your confidence in the subject and help you maximise the outcomes for your students. You will also develop activities to help you maximise student’s practical and mathematical skills.
The course consists of 3 sessions
- Remote delivered session - 30th September 2020, 13:30 - 15:00
- Gap task - to be completed by the 13th January 2021, duration 1 hour
- Face to face session - 27th January 2021, North West venue (to be confirmed) 13:30 - 16:30
- develop engaging and highly effective approaches to the teaching of core content including practical demonstrations and investigations
- develop a wide skills set amongst your learners, including mathematical skills, application skills and independent learning
- use a range of teaching and learning strategies to support all abilities and prepare learners thoroughly for examination
|Teaching A level /KS5 physics for the first time - Session 1||30 September 2020||13:30-15:00|
|Teaching A level /KS5 physics for the first time - Session 2||27 January 2021||13:30-16:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£150.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£300.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available