Introduction to tissue recognition and mouse pathology HC562 / C01
This course is aimed at research staff, technical staff, students and medical or veterinary pathology trainees. It covers recognition of major tissues in histological sections, an understanding of artefacts in tissue sections, basic pathology terminology, common spontaneous pathology of mice, physiological changes seen in tissue e.g. oestrus/puberty and protocol induced changes like gavage injury. The course includes lectures and practical sessions using virtual or glass slides presented by an experienced veterinary pathologist.
- To be able to identify the major tissues in histological sections
- To recognise common artefacts and their causes in histological sections
- To understand basic pathology terms
- To recognise common mouse pathology findings in histological sections
- To recognise physiological changes in mouse tissue
- To recognise common protocol-related pathology in mouse tissues
Please contact Dona Reddiar for more information at email@example.com
|1 Introduction to tissue recognition and mouse pathology||03 March 2020 09:30-16:00|
|2 Introduction to tissue recognition and mouse pathology||04 March 2020 09:30-16:00|
• Participants are encouraged to bring a limited number of their own example slides for discussion.
• Lunch and refreshments will be provided
• As part of this training course, the MRC wish to offer a tour of our Mary Lyon Centre animal facility. Tours will take place after the course finishes at 16:00 and take approximately one hour.
• Barrier restrictions apply to certain areas in case of contact with rodents within preceding 48 hour period.
• Allergies to rodents or latex may limit participation in the tour of facilities and / or the practical components of this course.
|heated member||Activity fee£350.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£365.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available