Creative computing for Key stage 3 CJ206 / B01
Designed for Heads of Computing, and others with a key role in teaching and leading computing, this three-day course will help you plan and deliver an inclusive curriculum appropriate for all pupils in Key Stage 3. Whether you are an experienced teacher or leader of computing looking to reinvigorate the subject, or have come to computing from another subject area or after training, this course will give you the confidence to forward plan and to raise the profile of the subject.
The 3-day course will provide you with the theory, background and practical application to design and build a Key Stage 3 curriculum that leads to increased engagement and student success, inspiring and preparing students to study the subject to GCSE and beyond. The course is based on firm evidence and experience, and will help you develop an understanding of what works best in the context of your own school.
Working under the guidance of experienced practitioners topics will include:
- Curriculum design
- Building an inclusive curriculum
- Resourcing the computing curriculum
- Applying the lastest research to the classroom
- Growing the departmental profile in the school
- Constructing and delivering engaging lessons
- Physical computing
- Enriching the curriculum
You will have:
- An increased understanding of the most current national and international thinking on effective computing pedagogy
and subject leadership;
- Been provided with practical and inspirational strategies to improve standards of teaching and learning;
- Developed your understanding coupled with practical strategies, guidance and techniques on how to lead computing at this key stage;
- Been made aware of, and been given practical experience of, many of the high quality classroom resources for teaching Computing at Key Stage 3.
|Creative computing for Key stage 3 Day 1||24 February 2020||09:00-16:00||Carmel College|
|Creative computing for Key stage 3 Day 2||27 April 2020||09:00-16:00||Carmel College|
|Creative computing for Key stage 3 Day 3||29 June 2020||09:00-16:00||Carmel College|
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available