Secondary Science Conference RB298 / A117
This conference has been designed for teachers who are currently training or are in the first 5 years of their career. The day has been designed to be flexible in terms of choice to enable delegates to select sessions which are most appropriate to support them on their professional development journey.
Sessions throughout the day:
Getting the most out of practicals / Live marking and other effective feedback
Getting the most out of practicals / Supporting long term learning and exam technique
STEM clubs – resources and external support / Supporting disadvantaged learners
- You will have a deeper understanding of how practicals can be delivered to ensure deep understanding and integration of apparatus and techniques as well as further application
- You will have a greater understanding of the barriers for learning for disadvantaged pupils and have strategies to support their progress back in school
- You will have strategies to minimize your workload in terms of marking and feedback
- You will be more confident in modelling exam technique to support further progress of pupils in external assessment
- You will be more confident in providing opportunities for STEM enrichment and links to employability skills
|Secondary bespoke support||13 February 2020 09:15-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available