Meeting the new Ofsted framework in secondary science - Derbyshire Delegates RK352 / N01
The Ofsted framework introduced in September 2019 requires science leaders to have a clear curriculum vision for the subject, and be able to implement it effectively. Using Ofsted’s 3Is (Intent, Implementation and Impact) as a foundation, this course will guide participants through both the new framework and their current science curriculum, to ensure that the department, and its teachers and students, are better prepared. The course will help identify strengths and weaknesses in your current curriculum provision – from teaching and learning in lessons, to broader thinking beyond exam specifications that links school science to the outside world.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Clarify the importance of, and approach to, curriculum in the 2019 Ofsted framework
- Develop the intent of your science curriculum – its sense of purpose in improving students’ knowledge and skills
- Improve the implementation of your science curriculum – focusing on the key considerations when implementing what was intended
- Clarify where and how the impact of your implemented science curriculum could be evidenced – and be better prepared for an inspection
- Prepare your next steps as a science leader
|1 Meeting the new Ofsted framework in secondary science||26 February 2020 09:45-15:45|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available