Integrating climate change, the Arctic and Antarctica into teaching NW030 / A19
An interactive workshop helping Primary teachers to integrate climate change, the Arctic and Antarctica into their teaching, with plenty of opportunity for discussion and sharing ideas and experiences with each other.
Give teachers the confidence to integrate climate change (including sustainability) and the Arctic/Antartica into their teaching (Science, technology, maths, geography, cross-curricular, topics that can be used)
Explore how to deliver climate change and a Polar Regions topic / theme across the school
Explore and try out some WWW materials.
What teachers will get out of the day:
- a clear understanding of where climate change can be integrated into the Welsh curriculum
- ideas for topics that can be used to teach about the polar regions
- ideas for how your school can reduce it’s climate impact and actions that pupils can take
- lots of sample materials, exercises, experiments and activities that can be run in the classroom
- free resource pack
- a clear plan of action to take back to your school
|1 Integrating climate change, the Arctic and Antarctica into teaching||10 February 2020||09:30-15:30||Techniquest|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£25.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£25.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£165.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available