Physics for non-specialists - Day 2 (Energy and Radiation) RM208 / C10
If you have been asked to teach physics and it is outside your specialist area, this course is for you.
It has been developed with the Institute of Physics and throughout the course we will develop your understanding of the principles of physics and the skills and strategies needed to teach the subject effectively and improve student motivation and attainment. This, in turn, will increase take-up of physics at GCSE, A level and beyond.
You will be able to:
- increase your understanding of physics topics at 11-16
- become more confident and competent in your teaching of physics at 11-16
- develop an understanding of common student misconceptions and how these can be addressed
- employ the effective use of scientific models relevant to the teaching of physics
- rehearse opportunities for practical work and the use of ICT-based activities
- teach the mathematical aspects of physics with greater confidence
|Physics for non-specialists||09 March 2020||09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£95.00 +VAT|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available