Caterpillar NI Grand Challenge Placement TY898 / B19
Three-to-five day placements are available, supported by £1,000 of ENTHUSE bursary funding.
The final part of the scheme is a one-day professional development experience held 4 to 6 months after your placement.
This opportunity is suitable for primary, secondary or FE professionals involved with the teaching of STEM subjects and/or professionals with additional responsibility for careers.
Going on a placement will help you to:
- inspire your students – see first-hand the careers available to students, through experiencing projects and meeting various professionals involved in STEM. Understand about the future employment opportunities that companies can offer your students
- build strong links with a local employer – connect with a local employer to develop staff and student experiences, with the aim of creating a longer term partnership
- help to boost your students’ confidence in making career choices and support the development of their employability skills
- find out more about the skills and competencies required for different careers and gain ideas for future collaboration (eg work experience, mentoring, speakers)
- enhance your advice on careers options – gain useful information about how to support students to make careers choices within STEM, taking into consideration future growth areas within STEM industries and both academic and vocational career routes
|Placement days||17 October 2019||09:00-17:00||Caterpillar NI|
|Gap Task||18 October 2019||09:00-16:00||Caterpillar NI|
|Follow up event||18 October 2019||10:00-16:00||Caterpillar NI|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree||Subsidy available*£1000.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available