Oxfordshire and Berkshire Secondary Science Conference RN298 / C07
The conference will be packed with practical hands on ideas for teaching science in your classroom and inspiring your students and colleagues.
Our Keynote Speaker is Andy Love from Highdown School, who has taught for 27 years and through his hands on sessions has empowered many teachers to try different approaches in pedagogy to match the needs of their students. His topic is Building resilience through memory retrieval and it will examine simple practical strategies to incorporate regular memory retrieval through engaging, student-centred activities, with take away ideas to try the next day.
The day will also include a variety of exciting and useful workshops to choose from, such as
• Science for low attainers - how to engage and ensure progress
• Preparing to meet the new Ofsted framework in secondary science
• Maths for science GCSE
• Meeting Gatsby benchmarks through science
• Chemistry, biology and physics workshops
By the end of the day, teachers will be able to
- discuss current good practice in secondary science
- take away ideas to develop retrieval and resilience in students
- identify key issues and develop solutions for them
- network with colleagues from across your region
|Oxfordshire Secondary Science conference||28 February 2020||09:00-15:00||Rutherford Appleton Laboratory|
|Oxfordshire Secondary Science Conference||28 February 2020||09:00-15:30||Rutherford Appleton Laboratory|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£75.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£105.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available