CLEAPSS keep it safe! Health and safety in practical science for new teachers RC623 / B01
Science teaching has a very good health and safety record. Nevertheless, science teachers must comply with health and safety legislation and there are many pitfalls to trap the unwary. As well as knowing how to work safely, new teachers also have to develop the skills needed to run a successful practical lesson. As part of the course we will consider what this means and offer suggestions and tips based on CLEAPSS advice and guidance.
You will be able to:
- raise the awareness of health and safety matters amongst new science teachers
- fulfill, in part, the obligation on employers to provide health and safety training for new staff
- develop an understanding of risk assessment
- allow participants to share concerns about health and safety matters
- further develop skills and techniques for running a successful practical lesson
|CLEAPSS keep it safe!||04 December 2019 09:00-16:00|
Remember to check the courses section of the CLEAPSS website (www.cleapss.org.uk) to see all venues and dates for CLEAPSS courses
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£125.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£125.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available