Secondary science NQT Essentials - 2 part course RK284 / D01
This course will be led by Chartered Science Teacher, STEM accredited facilitator and ex-special school senior leader Rob Butler.
Day 1 of this CPD will investigate some of the reasons that students misbehave and how to manage this behaviour in a school science lab.
Day 2 of this CPD will address needs, provision and good practice for teaching lower attaining students and those likely to get grades 1-3 at GCSE
This CPD uses blended learning so that participants can continue their CPD back in their own school.
Participants will be able to:
- to understand some of the reasons that students misbehave in science lessons (day 1)
- to help participants develop a range of strategies to manage behaviour in secondary science lessons (day 1)
- to help participants plan for good behaviour in science lessons (day 1)
- explore the context and constraints applying to students expected to attain grades 1 to 3 in GCSE science (day 2)
- develop an approach to teaching that will secure good progress and appropriate outcomes though KS3 & 4 (day 2)
|NQT Essentials - Session 1||04 December 2019 13:00-17:00|
|Gap task||05 December 2019 08:00-10:00|
|NQT Essentials - Session 2||20 January 2020 13:00-17:00|