Secondary science NQT Essentials - 2 part course RK284 / D01
This course will be led by Chartered Science Teacher, STEM accredited facilitator and ex-special school senior leader Rob Butler.
Day 1 of this CPD will investigate some of the reasons that students misbehave and how to manage this behaviour in a school science lab.
Day 2 of this CPD will address needs, provision and good practice for teaching lower attaining students and those likely to get grades 1-3 at GCSE
This CPD uses blended learning so that participants can continue their CPD back in their own school.
Participants will be able to:
- to understand some of the reasons that students misbehave in science lessons (day 1)
- to help participants develop a range of strategies to manage behaviour in secondary science lessons (day 1)
- to help participants plan for good behaviour in science lessons (day 1)
- explore the context and constraints applying to students expected to attain grades 1 to 3 in GCSE science (day 2)
- develop an approach to teaching that will secure good progress and appropriate outcomes though KS3 & 4 (day 2)
|NQT Essentials - Session 1||04 December 2019||13:00-17:00||Tuxford Academy|
|Gap task||05 December 2019||08:00-10:00||Tuxford Academy|
|NQT Essentials - Session 2||20 January 2020||13:00-17:00||Tuxford Academy|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£200.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£350.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available