Using gas cylinders safely within universities HC139 / J02
This comprehensive online safety training workshop can be used to train new staff and students, or as a cost effective refresher option. This course is recommended for staff and students who use gas cylinders in a university or college environment. It is recommended this training is repeated every two years to remain current.
At the end of the online interactive workshop you will be able to:
- correctly identify gas cylinders
- understand how cylinders operate
- be aware of the hazards of asphyxia
- recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- identify flammability hazards
- select the correct gas control equipment
- identify the key stages in using cylinders safely
- recognise the hazards associated with handling cylinders
- re-assess current storage facilities in line with safe working practices
- become pro-active in assessing risk when using gas cylinders
- introduce safe working practices into your working environment
|Using gas cylinders safely within universities||15 September 2019||09:00-10:00||Online course|
The cost of this course is as follows:
- HEaTED members: £24.75 + VAT per person
- Non-HEaTED members: £27.25 + VAT per person
Every 10th e-learning code purchased in a single transaction is half price.
If you are interested in this course, please contact us at email@example.com with details.
|heated member||Activity fee£24.75 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£27.25 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available