Advanced leadership skills for technical staff HC010 / F04
This CPD is suitable for those who have line management responsibility as part of their role in a technical environment. The programme aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to deliver their management and leadership roles effectively.
The two day CPD will focus on theories and models of leadership through a practical and tailored approach to leadership for technicians. The course will utilise work related case studies to enhance your learning. The following main themes will be covered in the two days:
- coaching and your leadership style
- working within teams and the roles you play through the use of a diagnostic tool TMSDI
- how and what you need to do to lead and develop an effective team
- how you manage and lead change
There will be a mixture of interactive sessions, group work and learning through the use of team diagnostics on this programme.
The outcomes of this programme are:
- to provide the essential skills, attitudes, behaviour, knowledge and understanding required to perform leadership and management roles effectively
- to provide an overview of how coaching can be used in leading a team
- to provide direction on how to manage a team through change
- to create a supportive and effective framework to share best practice and explore solutions to challenges within leadership and management roles
|Advanced leadership skills for technical staff||27 January 2020||09:30-16:30||King's College London|
|heated member||Activity fee£600.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£900.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available