Where's the evidence? NN019 / A19
In this course participants will be encouraged to use opportunities for supporting children in exploring scientific concepts, helping them to develop skills to learn effectively. Links will be made with scientific ideas and using evidence, leading to opportunities for assessment. A Line of progression in scientific explanation and understanding will be explored and developed for use in the primary classroom.
- experience a range of activities where the teacher and pupils are involved in a collaborative process with the teacher helping the children to gain knowledge, skills and concepts
- become familiar with the potential for science learning through an exploration of the use of evidence leading to the development of enquiry skills
- be encouraged to create an effective, hands on curriculum where children are guided through challenging and effective questioning towards a range of possible solutions
- be enabled to engage children in activities, giving them the opportunity to explore basic science concepts and relate them to the world
- be introduced to the use of progression in the technology process to follow a framework that allows for the stages of development through which children naturally pass when involved in designing and making activities to support scientific learning
|Where's the evidence? - day 1||23 January 2020||09:00-16:00||Fortwilliam Centre|
|Where's the evidence? - day 2||24 January 2020||09:00-16:00||Fortwilliam Centre|
|Where's the evidence? - day 3||24 April 2020||09:00-16:00||Fortwilliam Centre|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£570.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available