Home grown science NN018 / A19
Home Grown Science is a course designed to support and encourage teachers in developing their pupils’ scientific knowledge and understanding within their delivery of the World Around Us area of learning. The practical activities are designed to encourage the development of the Scientific Process to help children to find answers to questions about the world around them.
- know how to apply the Scientific Process to support scientific enquiry
- have experience of practical activities which encourage children to use their imagination and inventiveness to find their own solutions
- acquire a range of skills and work with a variety of materials to develop scientific skills and concepts within the world around us
- become familiar with the potential for science learning within our localities
- be introduced to examples of how to use the technology process to equip children to design and make models
|Home grown science - day 1||17 October 2019||09:00-16:00||National Operator|
|Home grown science - day 2||18 October 2019||09:00-16:00||National Operator|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT||Subsidy available*£570.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available