A toolkit for the world around us, numeracy and STEM co-ordinators NN006 / A19
This course provides a vital toolkit for the World Around Us, Numeracy and STEM co-ordinators.
Sessions will include providing guidance on roles and responsibilities of the subject co-ordinator, incorporating planning and policy requirements, ideas on how to link the individual subject areas while still covering the skills through relevant and innovative themes, and an exploration of how to move science intergrated with mathematics forward in your school for maximum impact.
You will be able to:
- understand your role as a World Around Us, Numeracy or STEM Co-ordinator more fully and will feel more confident in being able to fulfill your responsibilities back in school
- have an awareness of a range of strategies and ideas to develop and deliver good quality science and mathematical experiences through the learning area of the World Around Us
- consider how to lead and inspire colleagues back in school and will have begun to identify priorities for action
Pupils will be able to:
- have a more meaningful, quality science and numeracy experiences in order to make comparisons and draw conclusions in an increasingly technological world
|A toolkit for the World Around Us, numeracy and STEM co-ordinators - day 1||27 April 2020 09:00-16:00|
|A toolkit for the World Around Us, numeracy and STEM co-ordinators - day 2||01 May 2020 09:00-16:00|
|A toolkit for the World Around Us, numeracy and STEM co-ordinators - day 3||29 May 2020 09:00-16:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£175.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£570.00|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available