Chemistry summer school NS213 / A19
Building on the success of previous events, the Summer School will focus on practical work to support revised programmes (Higher and Advanced Higher) in Chemistry. Laboratory sessions will follow an interactive approach aligned to the broad themes of the programmes.
Practical work will be supported by keynote presentations from external speakers. Combined with opportunities for professional networking, the Summer School offers participants a rich and vibrant programme that will enhance teaching and learning within their institutions.
The new CfE Highers were introduced in August 2014. SSERC has an important role in offering support for new curriculum initiatives across the sciences and our Summer School for Chemistry teachers is a key component of that support. Substantial professional development support is required particularly in relation to new practical activities which form an essential part of these new programmes of study.
To apply for this CPD please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information.
Shortly after the published closing date for applications the administration team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the CPD together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will be able to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of post-16 chemistry more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to practical work in post-16 chemistry
- describe developments in some key areas of contemporary chemistry relevant to post-16 learners
- consolidate their own knowledge about the appropriate management of risk
- develop support networks for their own personal and professional development
- share and exchange information about current national developments
|Chemistry summer school - day 1||26 May 2020 09:00-20:30|
|Chemistry summer school - day 2||27 May 2020 09:00-20:30|
|Chemistry summer school - day 3||28 May 2020 09:00-14:30|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available