Oxfordshire Secondary science NQT training RN327 / C01
A packed day of CPD designed to meet the needs of all. Select from a range of workshops throughout the day, ranging from subject specific sessions, working scientifically, maths in science, stretch and challenge, literacy in science and the role of the wider STEM community.
The key note speaker, David Shakespeare, will explore "Conveying enthusiasm and developing self-awareness as a science teacher" in a hands on start to the day.
You will be able to:
- explore a range of strategies to convey enthusiasm and develop self-awareness as a science teacher
- use a range of strategies to encourage extended writing in science
- develop subject knowledge and pedagogical approaches to teaching maths in science
- identify the skills underpinning core practicals in the new GCSE, developing key stage 4 knowledge and teaching approaches
- understand a range of strategies to stretch and challenge students to maximise progress
- gain awareness of the STEM opportunities available locally through the STEM Ambassador Hub
- network and establish links with colleagues across the region
|Secondary science NQT conference||17 October 2019 09:00-15:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£105.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£85.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available