Science Early Career Teacher Network RA298 / C108
Only £160 for whole school membership for the year! Multiple staff from your school can attend network sessions throughout the year.
This is a termly network for early career science teachers. From identifying threshold concepts and dealing with misconceptions, stretch and challenge and running a STEM club to support building science capital, this network promises to arm you with a raft of resources and techniques to take back into school.
You will be able to:
- Explore curriculum progression models to identify threshold concepts
- Review common misconceptions and understand a range of strategies to overcome them
- Understand a range of strategies to stretch and challenge students to maximise progress
- Explore a range of strategies and resources to support the setting up and running of a STEM club
- Understand the factors that affect science capital and review a range of resources and strategies to build science capital within the curriculum
- Gain awareness of the STEM opportunities available locally through the STEM Ambassador hub
- Network and establish links with colleagues across the region.
|Day 1 - Threshold concepts & misconceptions||06 November 2019||14:00-16:30||Whalley Range 11-18 High School|
|Day 2 - Running a STEM Club & building science capital||20 January 2020||14:00-16:30||Whalley Range 11-18 High School|
|Day 3 - Stretch & challenge||26 March 2020||14:00-16:30||Whalley Range 11-18 High School|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£160.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£160.00|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available