Science Early Career Teacher Network RA298 / C104
· Only £160 for whole school membership for the year! Multiple staff from your school can attend network sessions throughout the year.
· A termly network for early career science teachers. From identifying threshold concepts and dealing with misconceptions, stretch and challenge and running a STEM club to support building science capital, this network promises to arm you with a raft of resources and techniques to take back into school.
You will be able to:
- Explore curriculum progression models to identify threshold concepts
- Review common misconceptions and understand a range of strategies to overcome them
- Understand a range of strategies to stretch and challenge students to maximise progress
- Explore a range of strategies and resources to support the setting up and running of a STEM club
- Understand the factors that affect science capital and review a range of resources and strategies to build science capital within the curriculum
- Gain awareness of the STEM opportunities available locally through the STEM Ambassador hub
- Network and establish links with colleagues across the region.
|Day 1 - Threshold concepts & misconceptions||12 November 2019 14:00-16:30|
|Day 2 - Running a STEM Club & building science capital||15 January 2020 14:00-16:30|
|Day 3 - Stretch & challenge||23 March 2020 14:00-16:30|
· This is a network membership package which includes a series of local network meetings facilitated by local teachers to share good practice, and deliver CPD by STEM Learning.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£160.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£160.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available