CLEAPSS Health and Safety for Science Technicians RC622 / B01
This is a one-day course originally designed by a team set up by the Association for Science Education to help with the health and safety training of school laboratory technicians.
During the course, the following aspects will be covered:
- legislation on health & safety including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and its subsequent Regulations
- legal bans, myths and rumor
- risk assessment in general and personal risk assessment for technicians
- safe management for handling of resources for practical science
You will be able to:
- raise awareness of safety issues and current health and safety legislation
- make technicians more comfortable with their responsibilities
- help delegates become more aware of the range of CLEAPSS services and advice
- practice risk assessments, to consider what safe management and managing safely means in practice for technicians
- and, optionally, to devise and Action Plan
|Health and Safety for Science Technicians||03 December 2019||09:00-15:30||Solihull College & University Centre|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£140.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£140.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available