Teaching and leading key stage 1 computing CD001 / A12
This course is delivered as part of the National Centre for Computing Education.
Computing is a broad subject, made up of computer science, information technology and digital literacy. This two-day professional development complements our one-day programming and algorithms event, giving you confidence in teaching the whole of the key stage 1 curriculum.
You will develop your knowledge of internet-connected computer systems, from hardware to online safety. You will take-away engaging ways to use computers and software effectively, supporting other areas of curriculum learning. Combining popular and accessible tools, you will develop the skills and ideas to support creative projects produced by your children. You'll also discover age-appropriate data collection, analysis and sharing methods and projects.
The first teacher to participate in this CPD, from each priority primary or priority all-through school, will attend for free and will be eligible for a bursary.
You will be able to help children:
- understand how computers work, their constituent parts and the instructions they follow
- recognise the many types of computer system in the world around them, making purposeful and safe use of them
- learn through projects and lessons where they collect and share data through surveys and investigations
- create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
- consider their own use of technology, the benefits and risks that it brings, and know its importance in the world and their learning through development of your own subject knowledge, pedagogy and practice.
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 1 computing - day 1||17 January 2020 09:30-16:15|
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 1 computing - day 2||28 January 2020 09:30-16:15|
|Priority school||Activity feeFree||Standard bursary available*£200.00|
|Priority school repeat teacher||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|Priority school engaged in CSA||Activity feeFree||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|English Maintained||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
|Other||Activity fee£440.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
This bursary can contribute towards the costs associated with attending professional development, including course fees, travel and supply cover Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available