Making powerful connections: mathematics and science, literacy and science RN118 / A01
Collecting, analysing and presenting data in science requires and provides opportunity for the use and development of mathematical skills.
Throughout this course, you will identify how to maximise your pupils opportunities to develop their numeracy skills and improve attainment in science by planning lessons in which children effectively handle data.
You will explore a range of strategies designed to improve children's ability to use scientific language. You will be able to maximise the opportunities for developing literacy skills and improving attainment in science by planning lessons in which children communicate science ideas, knowledge and understanding.
- plan science activities that develop mathematical skills
- identify the progression of mathematical and science skills
- use science activities to effectively assess mathematical skills
- gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy
- develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing speaking, listening and writing skills to communicate scientific learning
- begin to identify progression in science and literacy
|Making powerful connections: mathematics and science, literacy and science - day 1||31 October 2019||09:00-16:00||Adfecto|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£99.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£128.70 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available