The basics of histology HC551 / G03
This course is aimed at students, researchers and technical staff with an interest in histology procedures. It covers the reasons behind histology in research and the importance of using different techniques in processing, sectioning and staining. The course includes demonstrations and practical sessions presented by experienced technicians.
To develop a working ability to:
• Recognise and embed a range of mouse tissues
• Cut wax microtome sections from a range of mouse tissues
• Perform PAS and a Perls stain on mouse tissue
Gain a better understanding of what needs to be carried out to achieve the required end point
|The basics of histology||03 October 2019 09:30-16:00|
• Lunch and refreshments will be provided, please inform us of any dietary requirements well in advance
• Please wear suitable closed toe footwear and bring any prescription safety glasses if required
• As part of this training course, the MRC wish to offer a tour of our Animal facility. Tours will take place after the course finishes at 16:00 and take approximately an hour.
• Barrier restrictions apply to certain areas in case of contact with rodents within preceding 48 hour period.
• Allergies to rodents or latex may limit participation in the tour of facilities and / or the practical components of this course.
|heated member||Activity fee£165.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£195.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available