Linking core subjects; science, mathematics and literacy RE113 / K01
Throughout this course, you will identify how to maximise your pupils opportunities to develop their numeracy skills and improve attainment in science by planning lessons in which children effectively handle data.
You will also explore a range of strategies designed to improve children's ability to use scientific language. You will be able to maximise the opportunities for developing literacy skills and improving attainment in science by planning lessons in which children communicate science ideas, knowledge and understanding.
You will be able to:
- plan science activities that develop mathematical skills
- identify the progression of mathematical and science skills
- use science activities to effectively assess mathematical skills
- gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy
- develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing speaking, listening and writing skills to communicate scientific learning
- begin to identify progression in science and literacy
|Linking core subjects; science and mathematics||18 September 2019 09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£75.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£100.00 +VAT|
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available