Creativity in Science NS801 / A19
Creativity – the ability to have ideas, to solve problems that one may never have seen before, to think for oneself– is one of the most valuable life skills, and one of the most valued by universities and employers.
It is the belief of the Course Team that creativity can be learnt, and taught.
Coverage will include:
- Koestler’s ‘Law of Creativity’
- How to have ideas ‘on demand’
- A range of creativity exercises
- How to evaluate ideas wisely
- How to build a culture of creativity in your organisation
Participants will be provided with a variety of supporting publications and resources and on-going access to advice and support.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursary and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
- If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary– please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
- gain insight into the processes involved in creative thinking
- see how they might become more creative in how they discharge their management and leadership roles
- be provided with insights, tools and techniques that can be used to support students become more creative
- explore how creative thinking may support their departmental colleagues
- develop strategies which will enable them to deal with leadership issues
- develop support networks for their own personal and professional development
|Creativity in Science - day 1||28 October 2019||09:00-17:00||SSERC|
|Creativity in Science - day 2||29 October 2019||09:00-17:00||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£400.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£400.00||Subsidy available*£320.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available