Engineering bench skills for probationer teachers NS800 / A19
Engineering Bench Skills is the first part of modular course programme which focuses on developing key practical skills. Teachers and technicians will find these skills useful for the successful delivery of metalworking craft activities and aspects of the SQA practical metalworking course.
The 2 day course will involve using a range of basic metalwork hand tools and equipment. It is ideally suited to individuals with limited metal working experience or those wishing to refresh their knowledge.
The course is delivered through delegates participating in a range of practical tasks to build confidence and skill level. Each delegate will complete at least one project and a range of demonstration pieces.
Practical work will be supported by demonstrations from professionals and key presentations will cover theory of correct tool selection, use and care.
There will opportunities for professional networking and participants will be offered a rich and vibrant programme that will allow them to enhance the teaching and learning within their institutions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursary and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
- If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility
Participants will be able to:
- work with a range of basic metalwork hand tools
- prepare and properly mark out metal
- demonstrate how to cut metal using the most appropriate method
- demonstrate how to shape and finish metal
- set up and perform drilling operations safely
- develop skills and knowledge of safe working practices
|Engineering bench skills for probationer teachers - day 1||24 October 2019||09:30-20:30||SSERC|
|Engineering bench skills for probationer teachers - day 2||25 October 2019||09:00-16:30||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£400.00||Subsidy available*£320.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£400.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available