An Introduction to Computer Networking for Teachers CO214 / A02
Build your knowledge and understanding of computer networks as a computer science teacher
You will be able to:
- Discuss types of network, advantages and disadvantages and general architecture
- Describe transmission of data (ethernet, wifi) and network protocols (http, ftp, etc)
- Explore how data can be transmitted securely
- Apply knowledge of real world usage of the networking technology
- Describe the internet including routing, DNS and the “world wide web”.
- Explain how data is encapsulated in an IP packet and a data frame for transmission
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available