Hot and cold metal forming NS225 / A19
Hot and cold metal forming is the fifth part of a modular course focusing on developing practical skills. These skills are required by teachers and technicians for the successful delivery of metalworking craft activities and aspects of the SQA practical metalworking course.
This two day course will involve learning how to safely set up equipment used in forging processes. It will also develop knowledge of various cold metal forming techniques, Personal Protective Equipment requirements and specific educational Health and Safety regulations.
This course is ideal for teachers and technicians with no prior experience of forge work or cold metal forming techniques.
Participants will spend two full days in our workshop using the forge, associated equipment and the “metal craft” range of tooling. Forging techniques covered will involve upsetting, drawing down, punching, splitting, forming and twisting. Each delegate will produce at least two completed projects and several practice pieces.
Practical work will be supported by demonstrations and one to one tutoring.
There will opportunities for professional networking and participants will be offered a rich and vibrant programme that will allow them to enhance the teaching and learning within their institutions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
• confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
• information on ENTHUSE bursary and how to apply for such a bursary
• a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
You will be able to:
- describe the Risks and hazards associated with forging and using cold rolling equipment
- correctly use appropriate PPE for Forging
- demonstrate a range of forging techniques to produce metal-based artefacts
- develop skills and knowledge of safe working practices
- share and exchange information about current national developments
- confidently and safely use cold rolling formers/benders
|Hot and cold metal forming - day 1||20 November 2019 09:30-20:30|
|Hot and cold metal forming - day 2||21 November 2019 09:00-16:30|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£400.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£400.00||Standard bursary available*£320.00|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available