Safety in microbiology for schools NS202 / A19
The course offered here has been trialled and rated by the Scottish Qualification Authority within the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework. Microbiology for Schools is a practical course with associated written and practical assessments. In addition, attendance and completion of this courses will enable attendees to obtain a qualification which has been credit levelled and rated by the Scottish Qualification Authority.
For preparation and disposal of materials for microbiology work at level 2 technicians or teachers must be trained to level 3 in order to carry out a range of tasks. The purpose of this course is to ensure that staff are adequately trained to ensure safe working practices within schools are implemented.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
You will be able to:
- demonstrate that you can carry out microbiological procedures to Level 3 and have knowledge of the relevant H & S requirements
- demonstrate that you can carry out the required procedures in preparing materials for class use and have knowledge of the relevant H & S requirements
|Safety in microbiology for schools - day 1||30 October 2019 09:30-21:00|
|Safety in microbiology for schools - day 2||31 October 2019 09:00-17:00|
|Safety in microbiology for schools - day 3||01 November 2019 09:00-17:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£600.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£480.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£600.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available