Risk assessment workshop: fieldwork activities HC356 / C12
The aim of this course is to give you the tools to apply the risk assessment process to fieldwork activities.
This course is recommended for health and safety coordinators and equivalent roles involved in the fieldwork risk assessment process. You should apply for this course if you feel you have a good understanding of the risk assessment process. If unsure, we would advise that you book on the Introduction to risk assessment (HC357) course first.
Attendance certificates available on request only, please state if you require an attendance certificate at the time of booking.
By the end of the course you will:
- develop an awareness of the University Standard and Guidance on Fieldwork
- develop an understanding of the University requirement for fieldwork risk assessment
- identify activities that require a fieldwork risk assessment and their corresponding risk level (low, medium, high)
- apply the following principles of risk assessment into fieldwork activities:
- identify hazards
- identify the people who may be harmed
- identify how people may be harmed
- evaluate the risks related to a specific activity
- evaluate the suitability of existing control measures
- determine if a risk assessment requires further control measures
- know when to review a risk assessment by determining its relevance
- identify the people who need to know about the assessment
- understand the importance of communicating the risk assessment’s findings
|Risk assessment workshop: fieldwork activities||20 May 2016||10:00-12:00||University of Leeds|
Complimentary hot drinks will be available at the venue.
All of our courses will contribute to your evidence base for professional registration. Just check against your competency measures to make sure you use our training and development in your evidence records.
|heated member||Activity fee£55.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available