Developing expertise in teaching redox chemistry RP254 /
This course focuses on developing an understanding of redox in terms of electron transfer, using both practical and non-practical approaches to addressing this area of chemistry.
You will be able to:
- appreciate the ‘thread’ of key ideas crucial to students’ understanding of this topic
- learn about some of the ‘misconceptions’ that can arise when teaching this topic and explore ways of dealing with them in the classroom
- try out a range of engaging and relevant practicals and demonstrations
- share views about effective strategies for supporting and enhancing the teaching and learning of redox chemistry
- learn more about the range of resources and support available from the Royal Society of Chemistry
|Developing expertise in teaching redox chemistry||28 May 2019||16:00-16:00|
This course is part of a series of continuing professional development opportunities developed by the Royal Society of Chemistry and is supported by chemistry practitioners from the National Science Learning Centre.
We are pleased to be able to offer delegates from schools who are RSC members 10% off this course. Simply enter the code: RSC1510 when you apply.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available