FREE TEMI workshops: Using Mysteries to improve Engagement and Learning in Science RB812 / E07
How do you stimulate curiosity, and maintain it through purposeful classroom activities that build pupils’ enquiry skills?
By using the TEMI approach! Using this innovative set of strategies which has been developed in partnership with many countries across Europe will enable you to:
- Provide a compelling focus by using mysteries in the classroom.
- Use principles of showmanship to present mysteries with flair.
- Motivate pupils to engage with the science.
- Use a well-established instructional method so pupils can generate questions and explore the science for themselves.
- Improve skills and increase pupil independence over time.
Who is delivering the training?
Your experienced trainers will be John Walker and Dave Jones from Sheffield Hallam University; Noel Jackson, Head of
Education at International Centre for Life, plus Paul McRory from Learn Differently.
Described as ‘differentiated enquiry’, the TEMI two-day CPD programme introduces you to a range of best practice innovations to enable you to:
- turn a ‘dull’ science topic into a compelling mystery that students want to puzzle out.
- design challenging enquiry tasks together to teach essential science curriculum content using 5Es learning cycle
- tune the level of scientific enquiry to students’ different abilities.
- use ‘showmanship’ techniques to maintain student engagement and curiosity
|TEMI workshop: Using Mysteries to improve Engagement and Learning in Science||29 January 2016||09:00-16:00||Minsthorpe Community College, A Specialist Science College|
|TEMI workshop: Using Mysteries to improve Engagement and Learning in Science||08 March 2016||09:00-16:00||Minsthorpe Community College, A Specialist Science College|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available