Laboratory science national 5 NS700 / A19
A new course, Skills for work: laboratory science national 5, has recently been introduced into schools and colleges in Scotland.
This course offers participants the opportunity to explore laboratory procedures and practices which can be used in delivery across the Laboratory science national 5 course. Combined with opportunities for professional networking, our course will offer participants a rich and vibrant programme that will enhance teaching and learning within their institutions.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly email@example.com who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the administration team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
- confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
- information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
- a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- develop strategies for making the teaching of Laboratory science national 5 more engaging and inspiring
- explore new creative approaches to practical work in Laboratory science national 5
- consolidate their own knowledge about the appropriate management of risk
- have opportunities to share teaching experiences with others on the course
- have increased understanding of the opportunities which SSERC and STEM Learning offer in support of professional development
- develop support networks for their own personal and professional development
|Laboratory science national 5 - day 1||11 September 2019||09:30-20:30||SSERC|
|Laboratory science national 5 - day 2||12 September 2019||09:00-20:30||SSERC|
|Laboratory science national 5 - day 3||13 September 2019||09:00-16:30||SSERC|
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£540.00||Subsidy available*£480.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£540.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available