Bespoke technician support for Thurstable School RH298 / E02
A full day session for technicians, focussing on context behind the following equipment, as well as how to set it up for a range of practicals:
- Oscilloscope - How to set up one and two wave traces, time divisions, attaching different equipment and understanding how and why it's used (wave theory)
- Locktronics - Basic circuit components, creating circuits, taking readings using multimeters and understanding how and why it's used
- Van de Graaf - Different demonstrations that can be used and understanding how and why it's used
- Light Gates - Setting up light gates for speed or acceleration measurement and understanding how and why it's used
- Data Loggers - The different sensors, how to plug them in, how to display and read data and understanding how and why it's used
- Signal / Tone generators - setup, and understanding how and why it's used
- Core practicals for Physics in Edexcel Science 9-1 - Equipment, setup and the theory
The presenter will aim to cover as many of the above topics as reasonably possible over the course of the day.
- Improved knowledge of context and setup for the topics covered
|Secondary bespoke support||26 June 2019||09:30-15:30||Thurstable School Sports College and Sixth Form Centre|
Please note that this is a bespoke CPD day for Thurstable School and for schools invited by Thurstable school.
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available