Understanding Maths and Logic in Computer Science CO213 / A01
Improve your understanding and ability to teach maths and logic in computing while building elements of an escape room.
You will be able to:
- Identify the AND, OR, NOT and XOR logical operators, recognise the symbols representing each logic gate, and be able to combine them in logic circuits and statements
- Develop knowledge of and be able to use • equal to • addition • subtraction • multiplication • real division • integer division, including remainders
- Produce drawings of truth tables and logic circuits and recognise a logic gate/circuit from its truth table
- Calculate conversion between binary and denary whole numbers (0-255)
- Explain why hexadecimal is often used in computer science, convert between binary and hexadecimal & decimal and hexadecimal
Fees & Subsidies
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available