Teaching the new chemistry GCSE for non-specialists RA224 / H17
It is important to keep up-to-date with current science matters, including pure subject knowledge, topic specific developments and general pedagogical methods. These short modules will allow teachers of science to update and improve their subject knowledge and consider how best to support students in learning the subject.
You will be able to:
- audit your understanding of particular topics in science
- analyse common misconceptions in the topic
- explore ways of teaching the topic
- Consider challenges in teaching more demanding Chemistry GSCE topics
- Evaluate teaching approaches to support teaching more demanding Chemistry GCSE topics
- Develop teaching and learning opportunities for Chemistry GCSE practical's
|Improving subject knowledge||09 July 2019||10:00-16:00||Ellesmere Park High School|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£90.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available