Employer engagement: Breakfast forum RE298 / D15
A recent study by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills has found that almost half (43%) of STEM vacancies are “hard to fill”.
This means that, as a pre-emptive strategy for ensuring young people are positively influenced by STEM subjects at a young age, employer engagement is vital. Connecting students with employers from STEM-related industries has been proven to enhance understanding, heighten performance and promote aspiration.
- How can schools maximise employer engagement to enhance their careers education programme?
- How can businesses engage successfully with schools?
- Did you know there are several hundred STEM Ambassadors across Essex? What do they do and how do you become one? How do schools engage with STEM Ambassadors?
About the morning
Join us for breakfast at Chelmsford Racecourse on 20th March to get answers to the above, engage with local employers and raise your awareness of the myriad of STEM-related career opportunities in in Essex.
The session will allow you to embed good careers guidance (including the Gatsby benchmarks), understand the LMI in Essex and discover how to use STEM Ambassadors to provide real-world contexts to lessons. The meeting will have presentations from schools, businesses and STEM Ambassadors. It will provide an opportunity to share information, network and find out what to do next.
Headteachers, Senior Teachers, Director of TSAs, Teachers with a responsibility for Careers or STEM, STEM Ambassadors, local businesses and employers.
Free to attend but booking essential.
We can develop an affordable bespoke CPD event which is delivered locally to you for:
- individuals such as: subject leaders, coordinators, heads of departments
- a team/whole department
- a network of schools/groups
- multi-academy trusts
- initial teacher education
|Secondary bespoke support||20 March 2019 07:30-09:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available