Risk assessment workshop HC383 / C07
This course is recommended for health and safety coordinators and equivalent roles involved in the risk assessment process, members of staff and postgraduate students involved in the risk assessment process.
Booking deadline: minimum of three days before the course date.
Prior to the course, please email a copy of a completed risk assessment form, and a brief summary of your activities to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This course is not accredited. Online booking does not guarantee a place - please fill in the booking form and we will contact you to confirm if there is a place available.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the importance of good preparation
- identify significant hazards
- identify the people who may be harmed
- evaluate the risks related to a specific activity
- evaluate the suitability of existing control measures
- determine if a risk assessment requires further control measures
- understand the importance of communicating the risk assessment’s findings
- apply the following principles of risk assessment into non-science environment:
1) identify hazards
2) identify the people who may be harmed
3) identify how people may be harmed
4) evaluate the risks related to a specific activity
5) evaluate the suitability of existing control measures
6) determine if a risk assessment requires further control measures
7) know when to review a risk assessment by determining its relevance
8) identify the people who need to know about the assessment
9) understand the importance of communicating the risk assessment’s findings
Attendance certificates available on request only, please state if you require an attendance certificate at the time of booking.
|Risk assessment workshop||09 February 2016||10:00-12:00||University of Leeds|
Complimentary hot drinks will be available at the venue.
All prices exclude VAT which will be added at the standard rate.
All of our courses will contribute to your evidence base for professional registration https://www.heated.ac.uk/professional-registration/ Just check against your competency measures to make sure you use our training and development in your evidence records.
|heated member||Activity fee£55.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available