Secondary FACE ITT only RB708 / N03
1 Oct 19
- 9.30am Arrive at Farm, Introductions, plan for the day, housekeeping.
- 9.45am Why teach about food and farming
- 10.00am Planning a farm Visit & H/S information.
- 10.30am Tour of the farm, including tractor and trailer ride.
- 12.15pm Lunch and an opportunity to browse resources
- 12.45pm Supporting resources
- 1.15 Curriculum links/ farm related activities
- 2.15pm Evaluations and close of session
- 2.30pm Depart
You will be able to:
- link the real-world STEM contexts to the curriculum and enhance schemes of learning with real-world examples to inspire students
- enhance the curriculum with novel approaches and the latest developments in technological advancements
- link STEM career pathways to learning to help students to make better decisions about career choices
- enhance subject knowledge and understanding through the workshops which will be led by industry specialists
- develop links with industry that can be used by your school to deliver the curriculum and to enhance science capital
|Inspiring students through a farming context||01 October 2019 09:00-16:00|
- Coffee and tea is provided, but please bring a packed lunch.
- We will be going outside whatever the weather! So dress appropriately for a farm walk. Pregnant ladies are advised not to attend.
- Directions to farm: www.matlockmeadows.co.uk/contact
- Postcode: DE4 2JG, turn off the main road as if you are going to Sainsbury’s but don’t actually go into the supermarket, instead bear right up the hill, the farm is the second turn on the left - big sign at end of drive!