Developing extended writing in triple science (for New Rickstones Academy and Maltings Academy) RE212 / D04
We will support you in responding to the increased literacy demands of the National Curriculum. Throughout this course you will develop strategies to ensure that your students have the skills to be effective, independent learners who have a range of literacy skills, not only for their exams but for their futures.
You will be able to:
- describe what constitutes effective teaching and learning with respect to literacy
- use an increased repertoire of teaching and learning strategies to enhance students’ literacy skills
- identify the contexts in which students will use exploratory talk and active reading strategies
- reflect on the barriers to good writing
- demonstrate an awareness of the range of writing styles required in science and how they can be developed
|Enhancing literacy skills in science||29 April 2019 15:15-17:15|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available