BSC Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fire Risk Assessment HC534 / C01
Our training utilises the very latest learning methods, with special emphasis on participative and interactive techniques. Overall, the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience and, through tutor-led sessions, build on that experience so that every participant is able to manage risk assessment effectively and realistically.
The training sets out to develop sound and practical knowledge and understanding for day-to-day application in the workplace and prepares each participant for the Level 2 qualification assessment.
- reasons for conducting fire risk assessments
- main legislation relating to fire risk assessment
- determining the responsible person
- risk assessment approach to fire safety
- competencies required of fire risk assessors
- principles of the fire triangle and fire prevention
- main causes of fire in different occupancies
- recognising fire hazards in the workplace
- identifying the location of people at risk
- evaluating the adequacy of existing arrangements
- principles of separation
- detection and warning systems
- means of escape
- fire fighting
- maintenance and testing of equipment
- fire procedures
- fire safety training
- recording the findings of a fire risk assessment
- making recommendations based on the findings
- reviewing and revising a fire risk assessment
After completing this course, participants will:
- recognise fire hazards in the workplace
- be able to conduct fire risk assessments
- be able to assess evacuation plans, means of escape and detection and warning systems
- be able to maintain and test fire fighting equipment
- be ready to take the BSC Level 2 Assessment
This course is certified by the British Safety Council. There is an online assessment task following the course. The cost is included in the course fees.
|heated member||Activity fee£360.00 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£388.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available