HABC - Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment HC566 / J01
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment.
It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
- looking at the main causes of work-related fatalities, injuries and ill health
- outline the moral, legal and economic reasons for preventing accidents and ill health at work
- define key terms associated with risk assessment in the context of health and safety at work
- outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
- outline the legal requirements for risk assessment
- describe a simple process for undertaking a risk assessment
- give examples of occupational, environmental and human factors that can affect the level of risk from hazards at work
- outline a method that can be used to prioritise risks
- outline the requirements for providing information about, and records on, the results of a risk assessment
After completing this course, participants will:
- understand why risk assessments are necessary
- understand the key principles of risk assessment
- understand what they can do to mitigate risks
|HABC - Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment||11 June 2019||09:30-16:30||Oak Tree Management & Training Ltd|
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
|heated member||Activity fee£217.50 +VAT|
|heated non-member||Activity fee£235.00 +VAT|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available