Teaching primary science: exploring space NE003 / B18
This course is available for free to SEQM participants with a valid voucher code.
Online course. Flexible participation. Learn about current and future space missions, aiming to explore our solar system and beyond. Discover effective ways in which to engage pupils in science and wider STEM activities linked to space exploration.
In this course, you'll discuss with other teachers and draw upon a range of resources to develop your approach to teaching primary science with the context of space exploration. You will look at how to:
- engage children in working scientifically
- learn about current and future space missions and how they can be linked to the curriculum
- investigate forces and mechanisms in robotics
- explore practical activities based upon the search for exoplanets
- explore careers in space research and industry
- find out about how we can explore space using telescopes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£27.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£27.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available