Hampshire science leaders' network RH219 / D04
A new network to support and challenge current leaders, and aspiring leaders, of secondary Science teams. Through a combination of led CPD sessions, opportunities to share best practice and time to collaborate delegates will gain skills and confidence in key areas. The sessions will be facilitated by Euan Douglas.
OFFER – book onto two of the network meetings and email email@example.com to receive a code for a free place on the third meeting
For academic year 2018/19;
- Wed 23rd Jan - Leadership skills. A look at what research shows are effective styles of leadership, and how we can use these to get the most out of our teams and the individuals within them.
- Tues 12th March - Skills progression. Designing a curriculum across Key Stages 3 & 4 that leads to a coherent approach to developing skills. This will include working scientifically, using Scientific ideas to explain things and applying maths skills.
- Tues 9th July - Developing effective feedback. Examining what effective feedback looks like in Science, and how a department-wide approach to giving feedback can be developed, implemented and monitored.
You will be able to:
- work collaboratively to identify priorities in science teaching and learning and in science-specific professional development for your teams
- share and develop strategies to tackle these issues, drawing on expertise as needed from outside the network
|Subject leaders' network||23 January 2019||16:00-18:00||Saint George Catholic Voluntary Aided College Southampton|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£30.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available