Hampshire secondary science NQT/RQT network RH284 / D02
A new network for Secondary Science teachers in their first two years of teaching. The network will consist of led CPD sessions, idea and strategy sharing and time for collaboration and networking between delegates. The sessions will be facilitated by Euan Douglas.
OFFER – book onto two of the network meetings and email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a code for a free place on the third meeting
For academic year 2018/19;
- Tues 27th Nov- Purposeful practicals. Understanding when and why to use practicals within science teaching, how to plan for students to make the intended learning and review the lessons to improve future practice.
- Wed 20th March - Using assessment. Looking at how assessment can be used formatively and summatively in lessons, and how the information gathered from assessments can be used to inform teaching, provide appropriate feedback to students and lead to future learning.
- Tues 2nd July - Misconceptions. A look at how research into misconceptions can inform good quality teaching, as well as how to identify and challenge misconceptions within lessons.
Sessions in academic year 2019/2020 will look at literacy, the use of models and planning for progression in practical skills.
Participants will be able to:
- keep up to date with the latest developments in teaching and the science curriculum
- receive face to face support from experienced science teachers
- build a network of local contacts
- discuss issues relevant to your own class teaching
|Secondary science NQT and trainee teacher network meeting||20 March 2019||16:00-18:00||Saint George Catholic Voluntary Aided College Southampton|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£30.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available